Happy Tuesday! Going to the office is the worst. We have to sit at a cubicle and stare at screens all day! And, typically, we have to fork over $10 for lunch to eat something mediocre that isn’t exactly good for us.
But not anymore! I have an easy meal prep “recipe” that you can make in under an hour for under $15 that will keep you well fed for the week!
These macrobiotic bowls, better known as “Macro Bowls” pack in the nutrients and taste delicious. Plus, they’re insanely easy to customize. Want more protein? Add some tofu or chicken. Want more fiber? Throw some black beans on top. Want more fat? Throw on half a ripe avocado or a handful of salty roasted nuts. The possibilities are endless for delicious lunch.
This month, I am enjoying my macro bowls with this easy, delicious Cold Brew Sweet Tea from Southern Breeze. It comes in a bunch of great flavors (Raspberry is my favorite!) and it is easy to make at work or on the go.
Just click on the image above use the offer code to receive free shipping all month long! I seriously love this tea and I think you will too.
Now on to the macro bowl recipe!
Easy Vegan Meal Prep!
Easy Vegan Meal Prep in Under an Hour!.
- 1 c uncooked quinoa
- 1 package of organic brussels sprouts
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 package of cut butternut squash or 1 medium sized butternut squash
- Optional: black beans, avocado, protein of choice, cheese
- Prepare the quinoa with water according to the package instructions
- While the quinoa cooks, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop the potatoes and squash into bite sized pieces and half the brussels sprouts. Coat in 1-2tbs of cooking oil (I used avocado oil) and place on two parchment lined baking sheets
- Bake the vegetables and squash for 30-40 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Assemble your meals and you’re all set for Lunch for the next week!