So, I’ve been contemplating doing a Whole30 for a while now. I have some digestive issues, like many people, and I have heard that the Whole30 program is great for digestion. But the program is limited- especially when it comes to Breakfast options. So I came up with an amazing recipe that is Whole30-approved, grain-free, paleo, vegan-friendly, and DELICIOUS! I present to you, my NO-atmeal.
This porridge is creamy, delicious, and it is pretty much identical to oats in texture and flavor. It is perfect for those avoiding grains who still want a delicious, filling, warm breakfast. Plus it is customizable and simple to make with 7 ingredients!
Add some cacao powder for chocolate oats, or you can even add pumpkin or sweet potato for some autumnal oats. There are so many ways to enjoy this porridge.
Now onto the recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me so I can see them @balancedbyalexis.
Paleo and Whole30 friendly Breakfast Porridge!.
- 1 c unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 c frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tbs ground flax seed
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- ¼ tsp vanilla (alcohol and sugar free)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop collagen peptides or unflavored hemp protein
- optional: maple syrup/stevia/sweetener to taste
- Heat the milk and cauliflower in a sauce pan on medium for 5 minutes, or until the milk is bubbling and the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the seeds, coconut flour, and protein to the cauliflower mixture and stir continuously until thick (this takes 1-2 minutes)
- Pour the NOats into a bowl and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and optional sweetener of choice.
- Top with fruit, nut butters, granola, etc. and enjoy your delicious bowl of NOatmeal.