My mom and I went on a girl’s trip to NYC last October and while we were there, we ate at the now infamous ByChloe. The best thing we tried there was the Italian Meatball Sub. The balls were soft and meaty, covered in an amazing pesto cream and marinara. It was incredible. When I got home, I set out to recreate those meatballs. And I think I did a pretty good job. If you’re looking for a vegan alternative to meatballs, the recipe below it for you!
An easy vegan meat substitute that tastes delicious! Made from real, wholesome ingredients.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 20 Meatballs
Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 c
cooked brown rice
panko bread crumbs
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Sauté the mushrooms, chopped onion, and minced garlic in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until soft and brown.
- 3. Add the sauteed veggies and the remaining ingredients to a food processor and process the mixture until smooth and well combined.
- 4. Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- 5. Bake the “meat” balls in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until brown.
- These meatballs are inspired by the Meatball Sub from ByChloe in NYC. They are delicious in pasta, on a bun, or just by themselves!